antique limoges porcelain plate hand painted hunting dog
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche
Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche

Antique French Limoges Porcelain Hand Painted Scene Hunting Dog & Pheasant Charger Plate, Artist Signed Roche

Sold

Outstanding antique French Limoges porcelain 12 5/8" charger plate by Klingenberg & Dwenger. Richly hand painted in beautiful bold colors portraying a scene of a hunting dog. Proudly displaying a pheasant, this setter or spaniel is posed with one paw raised as it retrieves game from the hunt. Surrounded by a vibrant forest background of fall foliage. The plate with raised embossed border and scrolled edge finished with gold painted trim. Signed Roche. Marked AK over D, France, in use from 1890's to 1910. In overall good antique condition. No chips or cracks. There are some very fine scratches hidden among the painted background, and spots of wear to the gilt trim.

A. Klingenberg was an accomplished Limoges artisan painter when he opened his own porcelain factory and decorating studio in the Limoges region of France in the early 1880's. There does not seem to be a surfeit of information about Klingenberg or his company other than that he merged with Charles Dwenger's studio sometime in the late 1890's or very early 1900's. Klingenberg & Dwenger together manufactured porcelain products, produced decorated finished porcelain pieces, and exported them world-wide until 1910 when the company closed its doors.