Antique French porcelain dessert set by Pillivuyt
Antique French Paris Porcelain dessert plates, hand painted flowers
Antique French Pillivuyt Porcelain Hand Painted Flowers Dessert Set
Porcelaine de Paris hand painted plates, flowers
French Paris Porcelain hand painted floral plates
French Paris Porcelain hand painted flowers, plates antique
Flowers hand painted on antique French Paris porcelain plates
Flowers hand painted on antique French Paris porcelain plates
Antique French Pillivuyt Porcelain Hand Painted Flowers Dessert Set
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Antique French porcelain dessert set by Pillivuyt
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Antique French Paris Porcelain dessert plates, hand painted flowers
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Antique French Pillivuyt Porcelain Hand Painted Flowers Dessert Set
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Porcelaine de Paris hand painted plates, flowers
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, French Paris Porcelain hand painted floral plates
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, French Paris Porcelain hand painted flowers, plates antique
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Flowers hand painted on antique French Paris porcelain plates
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Flowers hand painted on antique French Paris porcelain plates
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Antique French Pillivuyt Porcelain Hand Painted Flowers Dessert Set

Antique French Pillivuyt Porcelain Hand Painted Flowers Dessert Set

Gorgeous antique French porcelain dessert set by Pillivuyt, circa 1850s. Comprising of six plates and a pedestal footed compote/centerpiece. Richly decorated with hand painted flowers, in a wealth of colors and exquisite detail with gilt gold accenting. This set is stunning and in very good antique condition too, with no chips or cracks, just the subtlest signs of use throughout the years in the form of some gold wear on the edges. Two of the plates are marked for Charles Pillivuyt & Co, Mehun-Sur-Yevre. Plates measure 8 1/8" diameter, the compote measures 9" diameter x 2 5/8" height.

In 1818, Louis Charles Pillivuyt recognized the huge advantages porcelain had over its earthenware and other porous product competitors. He set about creating his own individual combination of raw materials in an attempt to make the highest quality porcelain. His porcelain factory was founded in the Berry Region of central France at Foëcy. In 1853, Charles Pillivuyt decided to move his factory to Mehun-sur-Yèvre near the channel of Berry about 200 miles outside of Paris between Bourges and Vierzon. Pillivuyt made beautiful quality porcelain, according to artisanal traditions, using techniques that have not changed since the company was founded in 1818. With locations at 46, rue de Paradis-Poissonnière in Paris and at 15 Hatton Garden, E.C. London. Pillivuyt was honored with numerous successive medals during Universal Expositions/Worlds Fair of 1823, 1853, 1863, 1878 and Grand Prix in both 1867, 1889 and 1900. The international reputation of Pillivuyt was incontestable and in 1860, a quarter of the production was already sent all over the world. He was succeeded by his son Louis in 1899.